The Leather Re-Colouring Balm renovates the colour and aspect of all leather items both old and new. There are 21 colours formulated for use on leather from a dark to light shade. It works great at re-colouring areas that have been exposed to sun light or direct heat, and is ideal for colouring cat scratches and re-colouring dried out and faded areas. The re-colouring balm 100% absorbs into your leather so will not rub off onto any clothes.
Leather Re-Colouring Balm can be used on all different articles of leather, from furniture and car interior to clothes, shoes, handbags and even equestrian leathers. It works on all colours of leather and all different grain types.
- Aniline & Semi-Aniline Leather
- Pigmented / Top Coat Leather
- Oil & Wax Pull Up Leather
- BiCast Leather
- Two Tone, Mottled & Antique Finished Leather
NOTE: for scratches, the re-colouring balm will only work if the scratch has gone to a lighter colour than the leather, if the scratch is darker you will need a Leather Touch Up Kit. NOTE: for lighter patches, the re-colouring balm will only work if it is able to soak into your leather – to test this, put a tiny drop of water onto the damaged area and see if it soaks in. If the leather isn’t absorbent, you will need a Leather Touch Up Kit (for small areas) or a Leather Colourant Kit (for larger areas). A large area is anything larger than 5cm x 5cm.
- Clean the leather first before applying the Balm, for best results use Leather Ultra Clean – This is because Ultra Clean deep cleans the leather to remove all dirt, but also opens up the pores of the leather so the Re-Colouring Balm will take to the leather in a better fashion.
- Rub the Balm into the leather in a circular motion to ensure penetration. This is enough to completely restore the colour. Take a clean cloth and then buff the surface of the leather. Make sure there is no excess Balm left on the leather.
- After buffing, the leather becomes 100% colourfast. For thorough protection and longevity of your leather, we recommend applying the Leather Protection Cream, this will help to reduce future fading.
Coverage & Shelf Life
250ml of Balm is enough to re-colour a full leather three piece suite. Only one application is necessary. With use, the leather will fade again but this can be reduced by using the Leather Protection Cream. The Balm is generally re-applied once every three years.
The product is specially treated to resist bacterial growth and will safely last 5 years if stored in a cool cupboard with the lid fastened.